Application Eligibility for Undergraduate School applicants
Applicants must fulfill all of conditions 1, 2 and 3 below, and satisfy at least one of the eligibility requirements (A) through (D). For the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science and Technology and Faculty of Industrial Science and Technology, in addition to the requirements listed below, applicants must take a TOEFL or TOEIC examination (or ITP or IP examination) administered on or after January 2014, and for which a score sheet can be submitted at the second-stage screening procedure.
- Applicants must not possess Japanese nationality nor be authorized to stay in Japan on a permanent basis.
- Applicants must take the 2015 Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU)(“Nihon Ryugaku Shiken”) administered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO).
- Applicants must have sufficient Japanese-language proficiency necessary to take classes in Japanese, as all classes at the university are given in Japanese.
- Applicants must have completed 12 years of formal education outside Japan or be expected to complete such education by March 31, 2016, or must meet equivalent conditions in a course of education accredited by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- Applicants must possess an International Baccalaureate awarded by the Organization du Baccalaureat International (the International Baccalaureate), a non-profit educational foundation established under Swiss law, and be at least 18 years of age or be expected to reach 18 years of age by March 31, 2016.
- Applicants must possess Abitur, a publicly recognized university entrance qualification in various states of the Federal Republic of Germany, and be expected to reach 18 years of age by March 31, 2016.
- Applicants must possess a Baccalaureate Diploma, a publicly recognized university entrance qualification in the French Republic, and be expected to reach 18 years of age by March 31, 2016.
Cautionary Statement on Application Eligibility (for Undergraduate School applicants)
Applicants satisfying either of the following conditions may not apply for university entrance as international students. (These applicants must take the general university entrance examination.)
- Applicants who have received three years of senior high school education in Japan.
- Applicants living in Japan on “Permanent resident,” “Dependent” or similar visa status.