For tuition information, please visit this page (linked page displayed only in Japanese).
At TUS, we have implemented measures to reduce the economic strain on international students who are studying here at their own expense and who have achieved outstanding academic results. Information about how to apply for the "Partial tuition-waiver scholarships for privately financed international students" will be available on notice boards and on our website at a later date. Notice: Not all applications will be accepted.
Students must have a "College Student" visa and be formally enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program.
However, the following restrictions apply to this assistance:
- Students who are in doctoral course are not eligible.(They should apply for a tuition fee reduction via a different scholarship system for all doctoral students by TUS)
- Students already receiving tuition fees assistance through the following organizations are not eligible.
- (a) The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)
- (b) another government
- (c) an employer
- (d) a scholarship foundation
- Students currently repeating a year of study (ryunen) and students in their final year of study who will not be able to graduate are not eligible.
- Students who have taken a leave of absence from school are not eligible.
Percentage reduction of tuition fees under the "Partial tuition-waiver
scholarships for privately financed international students"
- 1st year undergraduate and 1st year master’s students: 30 % of the tuition fee each year (all applications are approved.)
- Current students(2nd year and above): 50 % of the tuition fee each year (successful applications are dependent upon the student’s academic record and financial situation. Not all applications are approved.)
*Incomplete and/or incorrectly submitted applications will not be considered.
*We will notify you of the application procedure via the TUS website or CLASS system.
*The detail on 2016 school year is not determined.
see also : Scholarships and Financial Aid