| Opening hours
||9:00 am - 10:00 pm
||11:00 am - 7:00 pm
|Sundays and Public holidays
* Borrowing and returning library materials and use of the copy machine finish 15 minutes before the library closes.
Library calendar (PDF) (Only in Japanese)
Borrowing rules and regulations
Loan periods and number of items on loan are as follows:
| Loan periods
|| Years 1-3 and Year 4 (current students)
|| 14 days
| Students researching graduation thesis, graduate school students and higher
|| 1 month
| Maximum number of items on loan
|| 20 items
| Loan extensions
|| Library materials
| Audio-visual materials
|| No extensions permitted
- Magazines/journals may not be borrowed.
- Taking these outside the library under special circumstances is only permitted on the day of application. Please inquire at the counter.
- As loan periods may vary during holidays, please refer to notice boards and websites.
- Please note that when any borrowed item becomes overdue, borrowing privileges are suspended for the number of days that the item is overdue (including library closure days).
- Please follow library staff instructions.
- Please do not inconvenience other users.
- Please keep quiet and do not speak in a loud voice.
- Please do not eat or drink outside the designated areas.
- Smoking is prohibited within the library building.
- Please set cell phones to silent mode and refrain from talking on the phone inside the library.
- Please do not loan out borrowed materials to others.
- Loss or damage of materials may be subject to payment. Please take responsibility for items and treat them carefully.
- Photography is prohibited within the library. When photography is required for research purposes please inquire at the counter.
- Any materials not checked out may not be taken outside the library.
- Computers located in the library are to be used exclusively to search for library materials. They are not to be used for any other purpose.
- Any computer brought into the library should be used in the 10th floor reading room.
- The book detection system has been installed to prevent borrowers from forgetting to check out materials. To minimize any possible effects from electromagnetic waves, please pass promptly through the entry/exit area.
- Please keep personal valuables with you at all times. In particular, ensure that you do not leave wallets or cards on desks. The library is not responsible for any theft on library premises.
|| Yoshimi Egawa (Professor, Department of Mathematical Information Science, Faculty of Science Division I)
|| 1-3 Kagurazaka, Shunjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8601
|| 9-11th floors, Building 1 (entry and exit is from the east side of the 10th floor only)
|| 181,614 volumes
|| 132,748 volumes
|| 409 titles
|| 1,765 titles
|| Approximately 10,000 titles (central administration at the Katsushika Library)
|No. reading room seats
|| 531 seats
|| 1 Manager, 2 Office staff, 7 Service staff
|Date of opening of the current library building
|| May 1980
(as of May 1, 2015)