Tokyo University of Science

Visa renewal procedures have been changed. In addition to the current documentation that you must prepare, you must also submit an application created by the school to the Immigration Bureau. Before you apply to the Immigration Bureau, please fill out a Certificate Issuance and apply directly at the Student Services Section (Katsushika, Kagurazaka and Noda).

Eligibility for stay requests submitted by reason of studying abroad may be valid for 4 years and 3 months, 4 years, 3 years and 3 months, 3 years, 1 year 6 months, or 3months. If you wish to extend your stay by proceeding to higher education or to the next grade level, you must apply for that extension at the Immigration Bureau. You will be allowed to renew your stay from 3 months prior to the expiration of your stay. Please be sure to take care of the procedures to extend your stay on your own.

Once renewal has been approved, please bring your Resident Card to the Student Services Section (Katsushika, Kagurazaka, Noda).

Once your stay period has been extended, your Permission to engage in activity outside scope permitted will be voided. Please reapply at the Immigration Bureau.

Documents Required to Apply for Extension of period of stay
Application for extension of period of stay You can obtain the documents via the homepage of the Ministry of Justice. The school will prepare the certificate form for organization among applications. Please fill out the certificate issuance and apply directly at the Student Services Section (Katsushika, Kagurazaka, Noda).
Proof of Enrollment Available for printout by machine on all campuses (fee: 100 yen)
Transcript (that is issued at the machine and also can be confirmed by the CLASS System) Have it issued at the machine (Fee: 100 yen), print it out through the CLASS System (if it cannot be issued, prepare a transcript from your previous school and print out any grades that you can confirm through the CLASS System).
Financial Statement Certificate of Receipt of Scholarship, bank statement, copy of bankbook, etc.
Passport, Resident Card, Student Identification Card
Fee : 4,000 yen

The required documents for each application may differ depending on the person, so please confirm with the Immigration Bureau in advance.