Tokyo University of Science
HOME > CAMPUS LIFE > Student Support > Scholarships and Financial Aid

Scholarship system for reduction or exemption of tuition fees

Tokyo University of Science has implemented measures to reduce the economic strain on international students who are studying at their own expense and who have achieved outstanding academic results.


Scholarships from outside the school

The Japanese government, the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), local public organizations, international exchange organizations, and private organizations offer various scholarships. Information regarding these scholarships received by TUS will be posted on the website and campus bulletin boards.


Various Financial Support

Textbook Reimbursement

We offer financial assistance towards the purchase of textbooks specified for study at TUS.
Assistance is up to an amount of 10,000 yen per annum for undergraduates and research students, and up to 20,000 yen per annum for post-graduate students. (This sum cannot be carried over to the following financial year)
The application period runs from April 1st of the applicable year to January 31st.

Points to note when purchasing
  • Ensure that the receipt bears the seal of the issuing store and that it has been issued within the last three months.
  • Ensure that the addressee on the receipt includes the name of the university and the name of the purchaser.
  • In principle, the purchase should be made in cash. (If the purchase is made using a credit card then please submit a copy of the credit card statement, or a bank transfer statement.
  • If books are purchased by other means such as the Internet and sent by mail, ensure that recipient details include the address of this university and the name of the research laboratory.
[Application form]

Textbook Purchase Application Form

[Application Method]

Record the title of the purchased text on the Textbook Purchase Application Form, attach your receipt and submit them to the Student Support Section or the Student Services Section (Kagurazaka, Noda, Katsushika). (Student Support clerk)

International Student Housing Compensation

If you (an international student) intends to occupy a private apartment, but cannot find a cosignatory, TUS will become your guarantor in the name of your department's director. But first, please subscribe to the International Student Housing Compensation offered by Japan Educational Exchanges and Services(JEES). The subscription fee is 4,000 yen for 1 year or 8,000 yen for 2 years. Since you will receive assistance from the school, the actual amount you will have to pay out of your pocket will be 2,000 yen for 1 year and 4,000 yen for 2 years. If you cannot find a guarantor or cosignatory, please consult with the Student Support Section or the Student Services Section (Kagurazaka, Noda, Katsushika).